We have put together a fun trivia game on dog breeds. It is moderately difficult but you won’t have to be super-smart to know the answers to these questions. The answers will be posted later this week.
1) Which AKC breed looks like a Cocker Spaniel but has wavy hair, wider ears, and only comes as a liver or dark chocolate color?
2) Which AKC breed was first discovered among the native Inuit people?
3) Which AKC breed is the Pit Bull?
4) Which AKC breed was developed in Boston?
5) Which AKC breed appears to have history in both Europe and Australia but is generally considered an American breed?
6) Which AKC breed is the smallest of the Spaniel breeds?
7) Which AKC breed is good at trailing any animal, but specializes in raccoons and opossums? Hint – it was the first hound of its type to be registered with the AKC.
8 ) George Washington bred English Foxhounds to help develope which AKC American breed?
9) Which AKC hound comes in various brindle shades, never a solid color?
10) Which AKC breed is the only American breed in the Toy group?
11) Which AKC breed looks like a chocolate lab (or can be as light as the color of straw) but has yellowish-colored or amber-colored eyes?
12) Which AKC breed originated in the midwestern United States?
13) Which AKC spitz breed earned its popularity in the circus?
14) Which AKC breed is named for its hunting ability of the woodcock?
15) Which AKC breed can have blue and/or brown eyes, can have a naturally bobbed tail, and is never a solid color?
Bonus Question) What do all these breeds have in common?
Visit the AKC website for information on dog breeds or use Wiki.