Are you going out of town this holiday season? Are you taking your pets with you? Don’t forget all the important things your pet needs for the trip.
- Leash, if your pet is a dog
- Collar with tags (make sure tags are up to date; have tags even if your pet is microchipped)
- Pet food
- Pet food & water bowls
- Pet waste bags for dogs/ litter and litter box for cats
- Pet blanket or bed
- Veterinary information (including vet contact info and vaccine information)
- Pet First Aid Booklet (we have one from Blue Pearl)
- Pet toys (optional)
- Dog car harness, pet travel crate, or pet car seat if traveling by car
- Airline approved pet travel crate if traveling by airplane
- Meds (if applicable)
If your pet tends to get nervous during travel or get car sick, ask your vet if there is anything you can give them for the trip. I am trying a product called Travel Calm since Pierson is known to get car sick. I am hoping the Travel calm will also help keep Maya from getting so excitable as she tends to do when she rides in the car.
If your trip is a long one, be sure you pick up your dog’s poo at rest stops or anywhere else you stop. Take plenty of rest stops, especially if you have a hyper pet like my Maya. We are driving from Kansas to Texas this Thanksgiving. Check out our other blog, PetAutoSafetyBlog.com, for what we are doing to prep for such a long road trip.
Where are you going for the holidays? Is there anything that you bring for your pet that I might have forgotten to list?