My Dog Sephi is Not Doing Well

Persephone (Sephi), 2001-?

Sorry, I don’t have much of a post today. My ten-year-old dog Sephi is not doing very well at all. She went to the vet yesterday morning so we could find out what was wrong. What the vet first suspected was vestibular disease turned out to be much more. Later that afternoon, I took her to an emergency veterinary clinic about 45 miles away. Sephi spent rest of the day there getting treatment. The treatment helped a little but it is unlikely that it will extend her life for more than a few days, weeks if we are lucky, months if we are blessed.

There was a moment when I was considering the very hard questions about whether or not I should put her to sleep. The vet said she is definitely in a critical state and that it is only slightly possible but mostly unlikely that she will recover. Putting Sephi to sleep was an option. But when I asked Sephi, “Do you want a cookie?” and “Do you want to go outside?” she perked up. She also seemed to express an interest in things around her (other dogs and other people at the vet clinic). So I decided to put off that difficult decision for now.

Please send your prayers to Sephi. Pray that her last days will be comfortable and that when it is time for her to go that she goes peacefully.

I love you Sephi Doodle!

Tags: ,

3 Responses to “My Dog Sephi is Not Doing Well”

  1. Juliette and Dougie my Westie Says:

    Sephi was my first thought on waking today and my last thought last night when I was having my private bed time talk with Dougs. Our prayers are there for her continually.

  2. rumpydog Says:

    I never know what to say at times like these. We went through a similar situation with our Sage last summer. I can only tell you that we knew when the time was right for her and for us. I pray for you to know when the time is right for Sephi and for you. And when the time does come, please know that we love you and will offer comfort to you.

  3. ILoveDogs Says:

    I am sad to say that Sephi has passed on. I had to let her go Wednesday morning. She had received treatment on Monday which we hoped would give her a few weeks. But it only gave Sephi half a day on Tuesday. And even then, that day wasn’t all that good. Wednesday she was worse again. Since the treatment didn’t last long, nothing was likely to work and I would have only prolonged her suffering.

    Thank you for your support. 😥

Bark at Us

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: